Saturday, April 19, 2008

Have a Blessed Flight

Our Royal Brunei flights from Auckland to Brunei was rather interesting. We had a brief 1 hour stopover in Brisbane to drop off and pick up passengers. Before the plane takes off, there would be a little muslim prayer that they would show to bless the flight. I guess its better to be blessed and be safe. Quite intersting. Although I do think that they pilots (mostly expats from the UK) do need more blessing though as they like to just throw the plane on the ground when they land.

I was highly disappointed when they FORGOT!!! to bless the flight from Brisbane to Brunei LOL .... never mind, it landed and arrived safely in one piece and that's all that matters I guess.



We arrived in Brunei at about 17:30 and Jefferey, my old room mate from college in New Zealand was kind enough to chauffer us around Brunei for sightseeing and took us out for dinner. What he didn't know was that there were 7 of us including him LOL ... we DID manage to squeeze 5 butts in the back seat (not very comfortably) and WHO CARES, its Brunei! the police won't come after you anyway hehehe.

So.... we had dinner with my friend Jeffrey....



Then we visited the current Sultan's mosque that was quite impressive .... 28 golden domes made of real gold





We did a quick drive around the CBD area and walked around an area where water taxis zoom across a stretch of water that takes you to Kampong Air, a water village known as the Venice of the East ... The water taxis driver did ask if we wanted to go for a quick trip around the village but it was dark and I didn't really want to risk the chance of falling into the sea at night time in Brunei before my next flight LOL.





Our brief 4 hour transit was quite nice actually. Like always, mum and dad have always though Brunei was a boring country with nothing to see and do. I'm glad I have dragged them out of the airport this time to prove them wrong LOL ...

No comments: