Thursday, April 3, 2008

Portage Here I Come

Well, not really seeing as I am not staying there. We've decided to stay at Te Mahia Resort, 15 minutes down the road just for my life's sake.....I've much rather stay at a place knowing that someone will not give me the evils when I walk pass them or try to kill me for stealing two of their staff member LOL .... On the bright side, it will be good with catch up with a few old, non-murderous friends that are still there.


Work has not been overly exciting over the last 3 nights as you can see ....



The hotel is less than half full and I have not seen a soul or a fly between the hours of 12am and 4am. BOOORIIING..... I tried to draaaaag my work and not work too fast but still managed to finish up everything at 3am, leaving me 4 hours to twiddle my thumbs and try not to die of boredom.


I did get a visit by the police (AGAIN) .... tonight because someone got beaten up .... one reason why I don't go out alone at night in Christchurch .... I also had to be mean and not let a very strange man bring his cat to stay in the hotel.....WHO BRINGS A CAT TO A HOTEL!! He had to lock the cat up in his car with a container of water which I gave him in the end..... silly man! He did ask whether he could let her run loose in my office though ..... apparently she'll just go to sleep ..... errr...yea right! Knowing my luck she will poop and pee everywhere and I'll have to spend my precious time cleaning it up.


Hmm... I shall try and update this later tonight if I get internet at all. Can you believe it??? They only have dial up internet there....AND ITS NOT EVEN FULL SPEED!! One reason why I will not live in isolated places again...... I'm looking forward to driving my new rental station wagon and pretend to be a big tough macho mover man for Salome and Charlie.... They haven't realised that I will just be supervising and not touching those heavy boxes of theirs hehehe. I'm hoping to beat all the rush hour traffic after work and hopefully won't be too tired for the 5 hour drive. I'll definately be taking those nasty nasty caffine pills that apparently is equivilent to 5 Reb Bull drinks so that I don't fall asleep.... Might just have to stop at every single cafe on the way :p ... Wish me luck =)

No comments: