Thursday, June 26, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

Of all the times that I've visited Melbourne, I haven't actually been to the museum. I didn't even know where it was and I've read and heard that its quite a good one to go to. I'm sure its a million times better than the Sabah Museum that I've recently visited while I was in Malaysia anyway.

It turned out that the museum was actually a couple of blocks away from my lodging. I was wondering around town and the botanical gardens, searching for bats so I took the free tourist shuttle that I also did not know about to the museum.

Surprisingly I enjoyed the 'Bug Alive' section of the museum a lot more that I've expected. For those of you who knows me or have lived with me, you would've seen me run away and scream like a little girl when I see a spider.

They certainly had plenty of those here at the museum....EEEeeeeeeee....




They even have an area that is not enclosed where potentially a spider could jump out and bite you! OoooOOoooOOoo .... I did not lean too far into this enclosure of course ... But yes, you could see little and BIG spiders climbing up and down their webs here ... I wonder how many have escaped into the museum. YIKES!

Look at the size of these anacondas OoooOoOoo

... and just a few snakes over here ...

I also liked the look of our furry friends section


...and the not so furry ones as well ...


This was quite a large museum. It took me a good 2 hours to walk around the whole museum, not paying much attention or reading all the interpretation of course.

I had lunch at the food hall at David Jones Department Store. It was pretty nice. I went back there on my last day to have a nice, late lunch because I know what the Jetstar meals are like.


I also walked pass this shop today for all those rejects out there ... there is a place for you after all ... How cruel ....

No comments: