Thursday, June 19, 2008

Melbourne Austraaaaaalia


18 days after my 3 week Malaysian holiday, I managed to scam work into giving me another 9 days off so I can go and have another holiday to get over the last one. I went to Melbourne this time and because I was there less than a year ago, I did not have the urge to go buy things and eat up large like I did last time. Most people go to Melbourne for this. At the end of the day, we all have things to get pass so why buy some more??? The credit card also had a big dent from 3 weeks in Malaysia so it was wise not to blow all my money away on this trip.


I booked myself into the Plum Carlton Serviced Apartments on Swanston Street for AU$93 per night. The serviced apartment is in a great location with a tram stop right outside. If you are looking for something that is nice, clean and cheap to stay, I totally recommend this place. I don't think you can get a 1 bedroom serviced apartment that is in the CBD for this cheap.

I've always liked Melbourne and perhaps one day in the not too distant future, I may consider moving to his arty farty city that is full of people, exciting things to do and well....arty farty stuff.



The city is also currently developing the an area that is called the Docklands ... Its not really finished yet but from what I can see, its going to be a great place.





They even have a cow in tree ...

I've also heard that there are bats that flies around the botanical gardens so I was being hopeful and wanted to see them live in action. The day that I went, all I saw as women in push chairs and screaming kids....Perhaps they've scared all the bats away??? I did pop across the road to a monumnet/building that was built to remember the ANZAC soldiers.


The view from the top of the building was pretty good.

I shall post some more about my visit to Phillip Island and the Melbourne Museum later on....

No comments: