Monday, June 9, 2008

Jumpa Lagi Kota Kinabalu

SATURDAY 03 MAY 2008

Today was a rather sad day. It was the end of the our holiday and was time to say goodbye to everyone again. Like always, someone's got to cry and make it even sadder.

Our flight was originally at 8:30am but it got delayed for an hour so we had breakfast at this self service cafe which was not so self service after all. How can I serve myself when there is a glass bit in front of me? Stupid.

I also bought Steve the cute and furry turtle at the airport LOL

I was also quite excited to see what the new airport is like and it is 1000000 times better than the old one. Can't wait to see it when it is all completed next year....well...hopefully I will be rich enough to see it soon...I doubt it though LOL. NZ hotels don't pay a lot.



The flight was delayed again for another hour so I had plenty of chances to explore the new bit of the airport.

The funny thing was that when the plane arrive, clever Royal Brunei have flown in an A320 instead of a Boeing 767. My seat did not exist on the plane because it was not long enough. It turned out that several other confused tourists also had the same problem. We resorted to taking a seat where ever we could find one. Good job the plane was quite empty so we did not have to fight like we did on Air Asia.

As we flew into Brunei, we had a great view of the imperial palace of the Sultan of Brunei...nice....We had a 2 hour transit in Brunei and suprised suprised, the flight got delayed again. They did send us to the airport restaurant for a free lunch though which was great.

The delay in Brunei in KK and Brunei was actually quite good. It meant that our 6 hour transit in Auckland was cut to only 3 hours.

Check out this Hotel SO sign at Auckland airport! Its MASSIVE! Its almost too big to see it....it just looked like its part of the wall hehe

I arrived in Auckland at about 4am in the morning....about 5'c outside...in my t-shirt, shorts and jandles....Not wise hehe....I must remember not to do that next time.

I had a Fabulous time away. It was great to just go back and holiday, see a few people and enjoy some time off. The last few times we went back was because someone had passed away or someone was sick. I must also thank everyone who had put up with us LOL, driven us around, took us out for fantastic meals and loaned us cars over the last few weeks...You guys are great!!

So....end of one holiday and 18 more days till I start 7 day trip to Melbourne.....Great!

No comments: